Superior Bordeaux 2016
Matured in oak barrels, our Bordeaux Supérieurs are made with the purest respect for the great wines of Bordeaux.
The 2016 vintage was marked by a very wet (400 mm) and mild winter giving a late but homogeneous bud burst. The particularly severe drought in summer (only 8 mm in August) gave rise to late veraison. This offers a very balanced vintage with a nice fat and beautiful tannins and a rare aromatic complex.
It is difficult to follow on from a vintage as fantastic as 2015. Our 2016 vintage is also one of our best vintages of the beginning of the 21st century.
Our 2016 vintage was awarded: Gold medal at the Lyon wine competition
- Limestone and clay-limestone soils
- Grape variety - Average age of vines
- 100% Merlot - 50 years
- Vinification - Aging
- Aged in oak barrels for one year
- 10 to 12 years
- Garnet, ruby color
- Notes of red fruits, spices, liquorice
- Supple, powerful, woody
- Service Tips
- Serve at 19 ° c. Ideally open it 1 to 2 hours before tasting
- Associated dishes
- Red meats and cheeses. Delicious with dark chocolate