Bordeaux Clairet 2021
The history of Clairet de Bordeaux begins in the 14th century. It is the English who baptize it "French clarets". It was in 1950 that the A.O.C. “Bordeaux Clairet” is created. A real intermediary between reds and rosés, made with the same grape varieties as Bordeaux red wines thanks to a short maceration, Clairet is a wine full of freshness and very aromatic. Its color is lively, ranging from purple pink to garnet pink with a purple undertone. Its aromas present notes of strawberry, raspberry, blackcurrant and violet. With a certain body, it allows aging superior to rosé wines with soft tannins. Its unique characteristics are particularly suitable for country meals, wood-fired grills as well as anything from the sea or exotic cuisine.
- Clayey-silty soils
- Grape variety - Average age of vines
- 100% Merlot - 15 years
- Vinification - Aging
- Average maceration of 48 hours followed by bleeding
- 4 years
- Bright, cherry red or strawberry color
- Red fruits, strawberry tagada candy
- Round, supple, good balance
- Service Tips
- Serve chilled between 8 to 10 ° c.
- Associated dishes
- Cold meats, tapas. Delicious as an aperitif