Traditional Bordeaux 2016
Our Traditional Bordeaux are made with the greatest respect for the great Bordeaux wines.
The 2016 vintage was marked by a very wet (400 mm) and mild winter giving a late but homogeneous bud burst. The particularly severe drought in summer (only 8 mm in August) gave rise to late veraison. This offers a very balanced vintage with a nice fat and beautiful tannins and a rare aromatic complex.
It is difficult to follow on from a vintage as fantastic as 2015. Our 2016 vintage is also one of our best vintages of the beginning of the 21st century.
Our 2016 vintage was awarded: Gold medal at the Lyon wine competition
- Clay-limestone subsoils, gravelly soils
- Grape variety - Average age of vines
- 90% Merlot, 10% Cabernet-Sauvignon - 25 years
- Vinification - Aging
- Alcoholic fermentation lasting approximately one month
- 8 years
- Red color, garnet
- Red fruits
- Powerful, full-bodied
- Service Tips
- Serve at 20 ° c. Ideally open it 1 hour before tasting
- Associated dishes
- Red meats and cheeses. Delicious with dark chocolate